If the answers below don’t solve your problem, before you post a comment, please consider:
- What exactly is not working? The meta tags are not in the source? The page is completely blank? Please be as specific as possible.
- What is your PHP error log saying?
- Please specify the versions you are using: PHP, WordPress, All in One SEO Pack.
Yes, it’s supposed to be a frequently asked questions list but most are not questions. If it can be described clearly without a question mark I use it that way.
Before you request support please test with the default theme!
- Does it work with WordPress 2.5?
Yes it does.
- It doesn’t work.
Actually this is not a really good notion to start with. Can you clarify it (see points below).
- I don’t see the meta tags in the source at all.
Try it with the default theme. Try disabling other themes until you get a working combination. If all that doesn’t help leave a comment on this page. Please specify what exactly isn’t working, your WP version and if possible your PHP version.
- I don’t see meta tags with my theme. The default theme works all right though.
In most cases your theme is missing the appropriate call to wp_head() usually found in header.php. Please patch it, taking it from the default theme.
If you don’t know how to do this, the following steps might work. Do them on your own risk:
- In your admin panel, go to Plugins – Theme Editor
- On the right bar, click on Header
- Locate the line with
- Insert the following linke before it:
<?php wp_head(); ?>
- After activating All in One SEO Plugin I see two sets of meta tags.
Please just edit your theme and remove whatever static meta descriptions and/or meta keywords you have in there. If it’s not your theme, you are probably using another plugin that is generating them. Disable it.
- My paged index pages are not showing any meta tags.
This is on purpose to avoid semi-duplicate content (your index pages are not your homepage so they shouldn’t use the same meta tags). It might change in the future.
- My URLs don’t get rewritten.
All in One SEO Pack doesn’t handle this, it’s already done by WordPress itself. Visit Options – Permalinks to setup.
- One Click Upgrade Error: Upgrade failed: Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature [code -10]
Sorry I don’t know what’s causing this. It might be because the download got scrambled for some reasons. It’s up to manual updates now.
- Why are you releasing so often?
The comments on the main post are full of feature and modification requests and also requests for bug fixes. Every time I fix something or implement a new feature I release a new version. Because somebody wanted it, and might also help many others. As I’m doing this in my spare time I usually implement things in short bursts whenever I find a consecutive number of free time slices to use. And of course I release immediately afterwards and then keep on doing whatever I else I do in my spare time. This way it’s out of my mind (and todo list) and at least one person is happy (and possibly many more).
- Can I automatically include some keywords in all my posts?
The short answer is no. The slightly longer answer is that this plugin is about best practices for SEO, and having the same keywords over and over again on every post is not recommended.
- Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted … What is that??
All in One SEO uses output buffering to rewrite the titles, for this to works it needs memory. There’s no way to optimize that much more, and on most hosting setups it just works which leads me to the conclusion that there are some companies who are just skimpy with memory. If the above error appears on admin pages, it’s not even output buffering related. I’d recommend switching to a host that can provide sufficient memory or disabling some plugins.
- Why are the keywords showing on my page so everyone can see them?
You are misusing a feature called “Additional Post Meta Tags”. Please read the help text (simply by clicking on it in the options panel). It’s *not* meant for keywords.
- Can I hire you for doing SEO / Internet Marketing on my site?
Please fill out our contact form to discuss a solution for you.
- Can I hire you for modifying All in One SEO Pack?
If you are serious about that please be prepared for my rate. Yes I’m doing this for fun but that doesn’t mean you can hire me for a few bucks per hour.