If the answers below don’t solve your problem, before you post in our support forums, please consider:
- What exactly is not working? The meta tags are not in the source? The page is completely blank? Please be as specific as possible.
- What is your PHP error log saying?
- Please specify the versions you are using: PHP, WordPress, All in One SEO Pack.
Yes, it’s supposed to be a frequently asked questions list but most are not questions. If it can be described clearly without a question mark I use it that way.
Before you request support please test with the default theme!
- Does it work with WordPress 3.6?
Yes it does.
- Your plugin doesn’t work.
Actually this is not a really good notion to start with. Can you clarify it (see points below).
- I don’t see the meta tags in the source at all.
Try it with the default theme. Try disabling other plugins until you get a working combination. If all that doesn’t help please post in our support forums. Please specify what exactly isn’t working, your WordPress version and if possible your PHP version.
- I don’t see meta tags with my theme. The default theme works all right though.
In most cases your theme is missing the appropriate call to wp_head() usually found in header.php. Please patch it, taking it from the default theme.
If you don’t know how to do this, the following steps might work. Do them on your own risk:
- In your admin panel, go to Plugins – Theme Editor
- On the right bar, click on Header
- Locate the line with
- Insert the following linke before it:
<?php wp_head(); ?>
- After activating All in One SEO Plugin I see two sets of meta tags.
Please just edit your theme and remove whatever static meta descriptions and/or meta keywords you have in there. If it’s not your theme, you are probably using another plugin that is generating them. Disable it.
- My paged index pages are not showing any meta tags.
This is on purpose to avoid semi-duplicate content (your index pages are not your homepage so they shouldn’t use the same meta tags). It might change in the future.
- My URLs don’t get rewritten.
All in One SEO Pack doesn’t handle this, it’s already done by WordPress itself. Visit Setting, Permalinks to setup.
- Why are you releasing so often?
Every time I fix something or implement a new feature I release a new version. Because somebody wanted it, and might also help many others.
- Can I automatically include some keywords in all my posts?
The short answer is no. The slightly longer answer is that this plugin is about best practices for SEO, and having the same keywords over and over again on every post is not recommended.
- Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted … What is that??
All in One SEO uses output buffering to rewrite the titles, for this to works it needs memory. There’s no way to optimize that much more, and on most hosting setups it just works which leads me to the conclusion that there are some companies who are just skimpy with memory. If the above error appears on admin pages, it’s not even output buffering related. I’d recommend switching to a host that can provide sufficient memory or disabling some plugins.
- Can I hire you for doing SEO / Internet Marketing on my site or for modifying All in One SEO Pack??
- Please fill out our contact form to discuss a solution for you.